Press "Enter" to skip to content

Fire-relief fundraiser for B-Side bar

An electrical fire at B-Side bar last Fri., June 30, around 1 p.m. caused the entire building at 204 Avenue B to be vacated. Now, the damaged bar — which just celebrated its 20th anniversary in May — needs to do renovations.

According to EV Grieve, the flames were sparked by welding being done for the installation of an air conditioner. There were no injuries from the fire.

A “B-Side Fire Relief” fundraiser is being held at The Spotted Owl, at 211 Avenue A, at E. 13th Street, on Sun., July 9, from noon to 8 p.m., with all proceeds going to the owners and staff of B-Side.

EV Grieve reported that, in the wake of the fire, Sabina Brunetti, a co-owner of B-Side, is “especially concerned for her staff, some of whom do not have other jobs. She also is worried about the tenants whose homes were damaged, including the landlord who lives right above the bar. We absolutely plan to rebuild,” Brunetti said.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.