Press "Enter" to skip to content

Soho subway cellular assault

Some people worry cell phones could be harmful, but last month a young straphanger was actually attacked with one, according to police.

Cops said that on Mon., Dec. 13, around 6 a.m. a 21-year-old man was standing on the northbound N-train platform at Prince Street and Broadway, when a stranger approached him and started striking him in the face with his cell phone. As he hit him, the attacker told the man he would kill him if he ever returned to the station. The assailant then fled on foot.

A subway surveillance photo of the alleged attacker. (Courtesy N.Y.P.D.)

The victim suffered bleeding and bruising to his nose but refused medical attention at the scene.

The suspect is described as roughly in his 30s, 5 feet 5 inches tall, 140 pounds, with black hair and last seen wearing blue jeans, a red jacket, black sneakers and a blue hat.

Police released surveillance photos and video of the alleged suspect taken from M.T.A. cameras.

Anyone with information is asked to call the N.Y.P.D.’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). Tips can also be submitted on the Crime Stoppers Web site at crimestoppers.nypdonline.org or on Twitter at @NYPDTips.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.